Why is there a need to Always Come Prepared?
The Philippines has the highest HIV infection growth rate in Asia Pacific, and the threat is more imminent and alarming than ever before. Ending this widespread epidemic begins with you.
What is HIV/AIDS?
HIV is the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, which attacks and destroys the human body’s Immune System, while AIDS is the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome – the end stage of the HIV infection.
How do you contract HIV?
- Sexual Contact - Unprotected sex is the most common mode of HIV transmission*
- Blood - Through infected needles or transfusion.
- Perinatal HIV transmission - Is the most common way children are infected.
*Transmitted through bodily fluids such as blood, semen, pre-seminal fluid, vaginal fluids, rectal fluids, and breast milk, among others.
How can you prevent HIV/AIDS?
- Practicing Safe Sex
- Male/female condom. Condoms reduce the risk of transmission of HIV (AIDS) and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Getting Tested
- Know your and your partner’s HIV/AIDS status. You may visit www.loveyourself.ph for information on how to get tested.
- Being Monogamous
- Sexual contact with only one partner reduces the risk
STIs & STDs transmitted through unprotected sexual contact
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Genital herpes
- Hepatitis B
- Human Papillomavirus